10 Elements of Vision Casting
- Clarity: brings understanding to the vision (answers what the people must know and what I want them to do)
- Connectedness: brings the past, present, and future together
- Purpose: brings direction to the vision
- Goals: bring targets to the vision
- Honesty: brings integrity to the vision and credibility to the vision caster
- Stories: bring relationships to the vision
- Challenge: brings stretching to the vision
- Passion: brings fuel to the vision
- Modeling: brings accountability to the vision
- Strategy: brings process to the vision
Though not exhaustive, Maxwell’s list is a great place to start and reflect on what you value and what your team values. I hope you find it as helpful as I did.
Being teachable is how you consistently grow in strengths and skills. We often think of being teachable as a “spirit” more than action. Below are 3 actionable ways young leaders can remain teachable.
When leaders approach problems with a positive perspective, teams can see through the immediate pain and confidently push through the problem solving process. John Maxwell has a great acronym he uses for seeing problems with a positive perspective.
Life is full of experiences. Some are meaningful, most are forgotten, but a select few will significantly change your life forever. Below are four extremely valuable life experiences you can buy with only your time.
I have learned a lot about business in the past year. And believe me, there is still so much I need to learn. But I can’t stop thinking about this one truth that is at the core of every business: It is good until it isn’t.